I’m not going to lie to you here. I am an avid fan of The Avengers. I remember the first time I found out there was going to be an Avengers film. I think I bounced around my bedroom for at least half an hour. For as long as I could remember, I had always wanted to see a film in the cinema that had a whole bunch of superheroes in it.
If I can let you all in on a secret, when I was little I actually wanted a Justice League film. After watching the first series of Justice League: The Animated Series, I wanted everything that it had, but in live action. I always thought that a film such as this would never happen, whether it be from DC Comics or Marvel, but when I heard that Marvel would actually be bringing The Avengers into reality (a team that is just as kick ass and awesome as the Justice League) I could feel my dreams coming true.
You’d think that I would be as excited for the Justice League film, as I was for the first Avengers film, considering what I just told you, but to me, the Justice League film has come into existence in the wrong way. Warner Bros. are just riding off the success of Marvel Studios, and everything is just being dumped together. I will still go and see it, don’t get me wrong, but I have my reservations.
Anyway, back to The Avengers.
I’ll never forget the first time I went to see Avengers Assemble in the cinema. My heart raced for the entire film, so much so that I’m actually surprised I didn’t go into cardiac arrest. It is by far my favourite film of all time…for now!
If you all haven’t seen it yet, then I don’t know where you have been. The Avengers: Age of Ultron teaser trailer was officially released today, and as I watched it for the first time, I felt my heart starting to crank up into that familiar, overly excited pace. I think I held my breath for the entire length of the trailer. Seeing all of those familiar faces brought back warm fuzzy feelings and I couldn’t wait to write down my thoughts of the trailer…and this time my thoughts are going onto my very own blog. I know not many people will see my thoughts on the Age of Ultron trailer, but at least I’ve gotten to express my fangirl joy.
If you have yet to see The Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer, then click HERE!
What can I say? All 2 minutes and 16 seconds of that teaser trailer, is just immense! Every time I watch it, I see something different. Here are the things getting me excited to the point of self-combustion.
- The first thing that really stood out for me is the creepy ass music in the background. It took me all of three seconds to figure out that the song in the background of the trailer is “I’ve got no strings” from Disney’s Pinocchio. Superbly creepy, and a brilliant way to work with what you’ve already got…am I right? I’ll never listen to that song the same way again!
- The whole trailer is basically narrated by Ultron, and James Spader this is where I would like to salute you. Brilliant job, Ultron is truly menacing. Are we finally going to see Marvel get out of it’s boring Villain’s slump, and see a bad guy that can rival the evil that is Loki?
- Hulk. Oh my God…HULK! There is something wrong with him, that much is clear from this trailer. Just look at Mark Ruffalo the first time you see him in the trailer, go on, just look! Poor Bruce Banner looks demented! What has happened to him since that last brief glimpse of him we got at the end of Iron Man 3? Plus we get to see Tony Stark (the sole inventor of Ultron in the film, or so I’m led to believe) dons the seriously, seriously impressive Hulkbuster Iron Man suit, and Hulk ATTACKS HIM! OH MY GOD! Is this the beginnings of something like Planet Hulk? Hulk goes crazy and then the others blast him into outer space? I don’t know, but what I do know is that if you thought you loved Hulk in the first Avengers film, be prepared to love him a whole lot more!
- Hello Avengers Tower! You’ve got a new look…and I like it!
- We get to see glimpses of Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver, who we know have gotten their powers from Loki’s staff. We found out at the end of Captain America: The Winter Solider that people have been experimenting with Loki’s staff that was somehow left on Earth after the huge battle with the Chitauri. The result of these experiments are the two people we see glimpses of in the trailer, and somehow they are with Ultron? I don’t know, maybe I’m reading it wrong. All I know is that I need to know more about them!
Peek-a-boo Andy Serkis! I see you in the Age of Ultron trailer, and I am thoroughly curious as to what your role is, although I don’t want to spoil too much for myself, so I’m doing to remain in the dark about you until I see the film.
- Cap’s Shield…broken? I’m sorry this does not compute! I thought nothing could break Vibranium in its solid state?? My world makes no sense any more. (By the way, which is stronger? Vibranium or Adamantium?)
So those are some of the thoughts I had when it came to The Avengers: Age of Ultron teaser trailer. I am so goddamn excited for this film, I really am! I know I say that Avengers Assemble will always be my favourite film, but I think, by the looks of this trailer, the second Avengers film may top my leader board. A final thought before I sign off for the evening…I hope each superhero gets enough time on the screen. The ratio in Avengers Assemble favoured Iron Man heavily, but I’m hoping that this film will be different, and the heroes will be equal when it comes to screen time.